Saturday, March 21, 2009

Marian shrines in England book is published!

The actual title is The Blessed Virgin Mary in England: A Mary-Catechism with Pilgrimage to Her Holy Shrines, Volume Two. It was published by iUniverse.

You may recall I blogged about Volume One back in December. Br. Anthony assured me Volume Two would be out soon, and now here it is!

I have six chapters in the book, about some of the shrines my family and I visited when we lived in North Yorkshire, England, from 2000-2003. The shrines I wrote about are: Walsingham: Our Lady's National Shrine; Our Lady of Glastonbury; The Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Saint Simon Stock in Aylesford, Kent; The Shrine of Our Lady of Grace in Osmotherly, North Yorkshire; and The Shrine of Our Lady of the Crag in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire. The sixth chapter I wrote is about the shrine of Saint Margaret Clitherow in York.

Three of the chapters previously appeared in issues of the National Catholic Register. They would be the articles about Walsingham, Our Lady of the Crag and St. Margaret Clitherow. I wrote the other three chapters especially for this book.

Br. Anthony asked me if I would help him write this book about Our Lady in England as an offering to Our Lady and to the Franciscan Missions. He writes, "All proceeds from this book [and Volume One] go towards the worldwide Mission of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate (FI) for use in Africa where poverty is dire and widespread."

If you would like to donate further, or for more information about the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate, see their website: http://www.marymediatrix.com/; or their blog: http://www.airmaria.com/.

Ave Maria, Brother Anthony!

No comments: