Saturday, February 14, 2009

Benedict of Bavaria

Benedict of Bavaria An Intimate Portrait of the Pope and His Homeland Benedict of Bavaria An Intimate Portrait of the Pope and His Homeland by Brennan Pursell


I just bought this book at the DeSales University book store. It was on a table of "DeSales authors." I was delighted to see that the author, Brennan Pursell, is a convert to the faith, having read himself into the Church while at Harvard and being received into the Church at a monastery in Bavaria. He is currently a professor of history at DeSales and recently (as in Jan. 20, 2009) gave a lecture at Franciscan University of Steubenville. As these two schools are my daughter's top two picks, I was very happy to note their exchange of ideas.

I will be blogging more about our nine day epic journey through 5 states, via 4 flights, 4 rental cars and 3 hotels to visit 3 colleges. Stay tuned.

No comments: